(Look who’s finally gotten around to doing this)
Special thanks to Leanna at Short Story Long Blog for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
It has been a while since I did the Leibster so I was really excited to do it (And the questions are so cool) 😀
The rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
* Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
* Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
My answers to Leanna’s questions:
1. Who is your favourite Youtuber?
I don’t even have to think about this.
No competition whatsoever.
2. You have been captured! The protagonist(s) of the last book you read is coming to your rescue. What are your chances of survival?
The last book I finished reading was the second book in the How to Train your Dragon series. So that would mean Hiccup and Toothless are coming to rescue me! Consider me rescued.
But also, I’m currently reading a huge-ish book called Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.
It is a fanfiction, and it is brilliant.
Harry is smarter than Hermione. He is raised by good stepparents. He reads a lot- by that I mean, A LOT.
If this Harry was coming to rescue me, he’d probably ensure that I never get captured in the first place. That’s how much of a genius he is.
Like I said, it is huge and I’m still reading it, but all you Harry Potter fans out there (and a lot of you follow this blog too): Read this! Highly recommended!
[Shout out to my new-ish friend who made me aware of the existence of HPMoR and who knew that it was just the kind of thing I’d like to read.
Also a shout out to her for understanding all my feels about the book.]
3. What is your favourite pun?
Could I change the question to “What is your favourite kind of joke?” And then answer with “the kind with clever puns in it”?
Then I’ll do what I do every time I can’t choose, and list as many as I can find.
Ready? Here I go:
4. What was your favourite cartoon as a kid?
The most my brain can go back is to remember ‘Recess’ which was a cartoon series on Disney and I loved it, and I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t marathon it today if given a chance.
loved love Phineas and Ferb, but I think I was already at least 12 by the time I started watching it.
So, while I now think I was a kid back then, my 12 year old would take some major offence at being called a kid.
5. Favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
Ermmm…. Harry Potter?
The movies aren’t without their own faults and they could obviously have done lots of things differently but the entire series is so much more to me now that I can’t not watch the movies whenever they’re on TV.
I say this all the time actually.
I should either find another answer, or a different way to put it.
Harry Potter is always a cop-out answer anyway.
6. When you were a kid, what did you tell people when they asked you what you would be when you grew up?
Doctor, I think? For a while it was “Doctor”.
Although not the Gallifreyan kind- I wish kid-me was that smart for having watched Doctor Who at the age of 5 or whatever.
After the Doctor phase it was scientist. I had my heart set on being a scientist all through childhood, and for a little while as a teenager too.
I don’t remember when exactly I stopped wanting to be a scientist- but it was around the time I was taught electromagnetism and things like that in physics and I couldn’t comprehend a word of it all… Around this time I had also started taking my reading and writing seriously so then somehow the scientist thing wasn’t too difficult to let go of.
7. What’s your favourite bridge?
8. Do you listen to podcasts? Which ones?
Usually? DEAR JOHN AND HANK!!!!
And a bunch of others, but none of them regularly.
9. What’s your favourite dish to cook?
I don’t really cook, but recently I have started to, a bit.
I like making mashed potatoes or French Fries. Truth is, I love eating them so I don’t mind cooking them as well. And for one thing, I’d never rely on my mother to make mashed potatoes just the way I like them.
[Update: A day after I typed out this answer and saved it as a draft, my mother made mashed potatoes because I was feeling too lazy, and they were the best mashed potatoes I’ve ever had. So guess who’s going to be making the mashed potatoes henceforth?]
10. What was your least favourite class in high school?
11. Favourite thing on your bookshelf?
The books, really.
Most priced possessions would probably be the Harry Potter set, and my signed copy of Gavin Aung Than’s Zen Pencils book (never miss a chance to mention it).
My nominations are:
1. Diary of an Introverted Schmuck
2. Anything and Everything
3. Freedom and Inspiration
4. The power of Dreams
5. The Writing Hufflepuff
6. Something Else
8. Fandom Addict
9. The Vocal Wallflower
10. My Tiny Obsessions
11. The World Past Me
If you’re reading this, and wish to do this challenge and answer my awesome questions, but I haven’t nominated you, this is for you! Consider yourself nominated! Go on, do it! 😀
My questions for you lovelies are:
1. Did you listen to the Hamilton soundtrack?
2. If your answer to that question is Yes (or ‘OMG YES!’ preferably), which are your favourite songs (I know it’s impossible to choose just one), favourite character, favourite voice to listen to? Go on! Fangirl/ fanboy!!
If your answer to that question is No, what exactly are you even doing with your life?!
While that question started out rhetoric, now I’m curious. What’s happening? What’s new? What are you excited about in the short term? Tell me.
3. Do you have any tattoos? Would you like any (more)? Describe them.
If no, why not?
4. If you were a Greek God (or Goddess) what would you be the God of?
5. Why do you think cats can’t fly?
6. If you could hop into a time machine right now, where would you go, past or future? When and where, specifically, and why?
7. Which is your favourite book cover? Why? (Of course attach a picture!)
8. What is your comfort food?
9. Tell me a funny and/or cute story from your childhood. (You can and should ask your parents for help in this one!)
10. Which F.R.I.E.N.D.S. character are you?
(Take this Buzzfeed quiz and post a screenshot of your answer!)
I'd say I did good, wouldn't you?
11. *Bonus question space!* What question do you wish I had asked you? Ask yourself it and then answer.
Good Luck to everyone who was nominated for having undertaken the task of answering questions, nominating people, and finding 11 questions for them!
May the 4th be with you!
(I am posting today- couldn’t give up on the opportunity!)
Edit: Do put a pingback to this post and/or comment with your blog link here so I can go check out your answers! I may act all chill here but I’m so excited to read all the answers. 😛